Saturday, March 17, 2007

Why the blog?

“Hey... Lauren, where are you off to next? What’s your next adventure? How did your last trip go?”

These are questions I hear often. And I want to do a better job at answering these and other questions for all of my family and friends who are so faithful each month to continually pray for me and those who support me financially. So... I've decided to start this blog to communicate with you all on a more regular basis. (I've found newsletters to be much less 'up-to-the-minute' and much more expensive to produce. And... well... my dad does this 'design thing'...) Your faithful support is what makes it possible for me to continue serving the Lord in my position at LeaderTreks... and I want you to know the impact you are having on the world around you! You'll read about it... and see it... right here!

I commit to you now, to try to post something new every week while I am in town, as well as update you as often, and as regularly as possible when my work takes me out on the road. I thank you for your participation in the work that God is doing through me. I am humbled by your overwhelming love and support. I hope these updates excite you for the mission that we are on together. God bless... I love you all!

WHEN I'M OUT OF TOWN... I MISS YOU ALL... ESPECIALLY THIS GUY!
EVERYONE... SAY HELLO TO AUBURN!

2 comments:

Coni said...

Hey there,
People will love this! Great way to stay in touch.
However, besides Auburn... where is a picture of the other guy you miss when you are out of town?
love ya
mom

KenB. said...

Hi Lauren!
I just wanted to write this to check if I can send you a note.
I hope it works. So Hi from your grandparents and all our love.
WKB