Saturday, April 7, 2007

Vacation Daze...

EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD... SMELLS GOOD... IT'S ALL GOOD!

Buenos Dias!!! Still in beautiful southern California for another day... enjoying every minute of my vacation. We've been all over and seen a lot of things... thanks to some very friendly 'locals' (thank you Komos family!)... our trusty rental car and good directions! We've hung out at two spectacular beaches... Oceanside and Laguna. Ahhhhh! =) Close your eyes and imagine... can you hear the surf? Can you smell the water... and the sunscreen? Absolutely beautiful!

And then I stand and look out over the Pacific with waves crashing all around me on the big rocks and I think... our God is BIG! And while it's too bad He didn't exactly decide to make the ocean water warm – hey... no biggie! The rest of what He created is just SO awesome.

YEAH... THESE ARE THOSE FAMOUS PALM TREES

Like typical tourists... we spent some time in Hollywood, and even went to a taping of the Carson Daly late night show, and... well... I can't tell you everything now or there would be no stories left to tell when I get home. =)

CAN YOU SAY... THREE ACROSS... FRONT ROW CENTER? =)

Yesterday we checked out the gas lamp district down in San Diego. Very cool! Then had dinner with the Komos'. They have been SO wonderful opening their home to us and we're so grateful! Thank you Chet and Gail (and Christa... and Chet – LA guide extraordinaire!) More to come on my time here after I get back (coming back late Sunday night). Hope you're having a great week!

No comments: